Chipping Barnet Community Plan
The project aims to develop a strategy for residents, businesses, community groups, and Barnet Council to work together to improve the town centre. The Community Plan will also develop project proposals for short, medium and long term interventions that can address the challenges already identified, and create the opportunity for a more participative and vibrant town centre.
We will be engaging with the local community to present the ideas and inform the design of any forthcoming Community Plan projects within Chipping Barnet. People are encouraged to leave comments and show support for projects they would like to see happen.
We will identify and contact people who would be relevant consultees, which may be people who have contacted the Chipping Barnet Community Plan project previously, or those who are known to represent relevant groups, such as the Town Team, neighbourhood associations, local businesses etc. Individuals will also be able to join the mailing list themselves. You can ask to be removed from the project mailing lists, but any comments made during a consultation will be kept for the period listed below.
We use the information provided to us to communicate details of Chipping Barnet Community Plan, and its projects, with the public. Public participation is a key element to these projects to ensure that residents, businesses, organisations and other individuals are provided with project updates, the means by which they make comments on the projects and participate in associated community activities.
We use the information provided to us to negotiate and enter into any necessary legal agreements relating to the Community Plan projects within Chipping Barnet Town Centre.
Our contractors, Architecture 00, Studio Weave, Retail Revival and Urban Flow, work on behalf of Barnet Council to coordinate public engagement. The contractors will deliver engagement activities and produce design documents and proposals for the Chipping Barnet Community Plan.
Personal information collected
During your participation in the Community Plan, we may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information about you:
- Contact information: this includes the information that you provide when you leave a comment, sign-up your interest and/or join the mailing list (i.e. name, surname, email, phone number, address, postcode).
- Diversity Date: we may ask you to fill in a diversity survey with information about your age, gender, ethnicity, working status, and religion. Our consultations may ask for this information so we can consider the diverse needs of the area, but these will be anonymous. You do not have to provide this information to participate or comment on the Community Plan.
- Views on the project proposals: when you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form. We may also ask you if you would like to participate in any interviews, workshops, and surveys, to share your feedback, comments, and ideas. You do not have to take part in this, and we will ask for your permission before we collect any further data unless you have already consented to this.
Where we are required by law to engage with land/property owners we will collect additional financial and property information.
Who we share the information with
- Council Regeneration service where necessary
- Chipping Barnet Community Plan working groups where necessary
- Chipping Barnet Town Team where necessary
- Consultant team, as indicated above, where necessary
Legislation that applies
The Local Government Act 200 gives local authorities powers to engage in work to promote the economic, social and environmental well-being of the borough. The Chipping Barnet Community Plan describes the community and council’s ambitions for the area.
How long we keep your information
Information from mailing lists, consultations, and engagement will be retained for three years after completion of the Chipping Barnet Community Plan project. The project could last indefinitely.
If you have shared your contact details with us on the comment form and/or other methods, these will be used for the purpose of us adding you to the project mailing list and contacting you about the project and your comments/interest. You have a choice about whether you wish to be contacted by us and if you wish for us to not use any of your personal data for the purpose of the Community Plan. You can change your preference at any time by contacting us by email on: email@example.com