The Chipping Barnet Community Plan has been co-developed to establish a long-term plan for residents, businesses, community groups, and Barnet Council to work together to improve the town centre to meet the needs of the community, both today and tomorrow.
This website hosts the Community Plan and will remain part of the project’s ongoing engagement with the local community. The Community Plan consists of the following three sections:
• Key Principles – Through engagement with the community, a series of seven shared principles have been established for Chipping Barnet.
• Character Areas – Identiﬁes four different character areas across the town centre and sets out the existing strengths and key opportunities available to enhance these areas.
• Emerging Projects – Portfolio of emerging town centre projects identiﬁed through engaging with the community about this plan.
Following the launch of the plan in January 2020, extensive engagement has been undertaken to identify and capture community-led solutions to develop this shared vision for Chipping Barnet Town Centre. Engagement was undertaken with local residents, businesses, and community groups to uncover Chipping Barnet’s riches and challenges, and to identify opportunities. Interactions included:
• 700+ comments to the Draft Community Plan consultation;
• 270+ residents engaging with us through the mailing list;
• 160+ conversations at local events;
• 145 responses to an online survey;
• 35+ one-to-one conversations with local businesses & key local groups;
• 6 focus group workshops with 40+ participants
Following a public consultation undertaken between the 8th January – 19th February 2021, the Council has proceeded to adopt the Chipping Barnet Community Plan in June 2021. Please click on the link for the consultation summary report:
Your feedback over the consultation period has informed the next stage of this commission, creating a shortlist of initial ideas that the council will prioritise and work with the community to realise. To read more about these projects and their progress please go to the Progressed Projects page, which we will continue to update going forward.
How to keep in touch
If you wish to email the team about the Chipping Barnet Community Plan then please send an email to hello@CBCommunityPlan.co.uk
Thank you for taking the time to look through the draft Chipping Barnet Community Plan.
Through engagement with the community, a series of seven shared principles have been established for Chipping Barnet Town Centre. These lay out a vision for what the Community Plan aims to achieve and act as principles to inform any future development within the town centre.
Please click on the Key Principles below.
- ‘We want to be proud of Chipping Barnet’
- ‘We want our town centre to be a destination that is enjoyable to visit.’
- ‘We want more reasons to visit & stay in the town centre throughout the day, evening & week’
- ‘We want high street businesses & ventures to thrive’
- ‘We want to expand & establish new civic, cultural & community assets for all’
- ‘We want to actively be involved & invest in our town centre’
- ‘We want Chipping Barnet to be a vibrant, thriving place to live, work & visit’
This section identifies four different character areas across the town centre and sets out the existing strengths and key opportunities available to enhance these areas.
Please click on the Character Areas below.
Emerging Project Ideas
This section contains a portfolio of emerging town centre project ideas identified through engaging with the community about this plan. These projects act as opportunities for the community and the council to work together to deliver the principles.
Please click below to go to the Emerging Project Ideas page.
Progressed Project Ideas
Utilising the community priorities identified through the engagement, the council have identified an initial five projects to progress. This section is a placeholder for the five studies that will be produced to aid the council and community to work towards securing funding to deliver these projects.
Please click below to go to the Progressed Project Ideas page.